Sunday, January 07, 2007

Road Rage - Scary and True

This past friday I had the unfortunate experience with road rage. I take a highway on the way to work every day, and I consider myself a very polite and consciencious driver. I had to swerve into another lane on Friday to avoid hitting two cars in front of me. There was a space for me to do that and not harm anyone. Evidently the car I got in front of felt the need to have a set amount of feet in front of his truck, and he didn't like me getting into that area.

He proceeded to follow me on my tail, and even came around on the side of my Explorer and tried to run me onto the side of the road. Luckily for me, I watch a ton of the real crime shows and the cold case shows. Bart mocks me for it, but I feel I learn some interesting stuff from it.

There is a place in the trip on my way to work where I go to the right onto a smaller highway to get to work. So, to lose the crazy guy in the truck, I decided to act like I was going straight until the last moment. At the last moment, I jerked my car to the right over the white "don't cross over" lines and was able to lose him. I was very scared and did okay until I called Bart to tell him what happened. Of course, the tears came easily!! What makes people so crazy on the roads that they would put my life and others' lives into danger just to prove a point that I should have not entered his lane? I know that things can always end differently and I am thankful that I didn't get some crazy with a gun! If I hit the guys in front of me, they could have become angered as well. I guess at times you don't which would be safer, hit someone or swerve into the next lane? Here is wishing you all safe and road rage free travelling in the year of 2007.

2 comments:

The1Bo1 said...

Wow! That is scary. I can't say that I haven't done the same thing, though... try and run someone off the road who drove how I didn't like.

Wait... kids coming back in the room... must go back to teaching fractions... will continue the story later.

The1Bo1 said...

Okay, I'm back... after a nice vacation (3 days).

Anyway, I haven't ever tried to run someone off the road, but my favorite is when someone's driving all crazy on a 2-lane road, to get infront of them and to drive exactly next to the car in the only other lane and drive right next to them, so that the crazy person can't pass.

I've also swerved infront of an on-ramp and forced someone to take an exit that I don't think they wanted to take.

Oh, and I have not allowed someone out of the EXIT ONLY lane where they also had to exit when they didn't want to.

Aaaaahhhhhhhh... good times.