Sunday, February 10, 2008

New Collections

I have finally found the book I wanted. I could have gone to Barnes and Noble and purchased it with Bart's discount, but the cheap part of me wanted to find it in a half price bookstore. We searched around everywhere last weekend and could not find it. I settled with getting it from the library until I could find it. We stopped by Half Price Bookstore today and I FOUND IT. The book I have searched the heavens and earth for is: Amy Sedaris' book "I like you". WARNING: this book is not for the easily offended. If you cannot handle a sarcastic humor focusing on some umcomfortable topics, you may want to reconsider reading this book. I think Amy and her brother David Sedaris are comedic geniuses!!!


I have also started collecting older cookbooks from the 1950's. I enjoy the volume of recipes you get in these books. Also, in some of the books, I have been able to find other clippings from who had previously owned the book. Pretty cool. I have the 2nd volume of the Meta Given's Modern Encyclopedia of Cooking - very neat. I just found the 1st volume on Amazon, so hopefully it will be joining my collection.



The last exciting addition to my book collection is a book from the 1940s about sewing. The most amazing thing this book has in it is a pattern for a mother and daughter apron. The sizes for the women are size 14 and size 8. Whatever happened to the good old days when we didn't use the term - PLUS SIZED women. Those were good days!!!







No comments: