Sunday, February 10, 2008

Working for a living

Bart and I have not left the country!!! We both started new jobs this week and are trying to set a routine in place. Bart started his job at the Lowes this week. He is now actually employed by Lowes instead of working for a company hired by Lowes. He works 6am to 3pm Monday to Friday. I wouldn't say it is his dream job, but he likes the people and he knows his flooring!!!

I started orientation at a Independent Living Facility. I will be the concierge. I will answer phones, light paperwork, assist the residents and be there to help if a resident needs something. I will work 5pm to 10pm tues to thurs, and 5pm to 8pm on fridays. Working at evenings will be a bit of an adjustment, but this job will be invaluable when I start my field work next sememster for school. Those will be busy days. I will do field in the am or afternoon, classes in the am or afternoon depending when my field is, and working in the evenings.

I have training on Monday and start my job on Tuesday evening. This week will probably be the hardest as I start a new routine and begin passing Bart in the night!!! Thank God for weekends to catch up and see each other. I will try to post some more this week.

1 comment:

sarahross said...

Whoa Fief! That schedule is reminding me of my freshman year of college when I worked 4 jobs...it kicked my arse. You are a tough cookie though, I have no doubt you can handle it.I'm sad because it sounds like it will be awhile before I get to enjoy a nice conversation over SB coffee with you.